Sunday, September 19, 2010

a new awakening - a Jacob Black Tale

Jacob awoke in a sweat. Yet a sudden shiver over took him. He was so cold. Or was he hot? It was hard to tell. His vision blurred sightly. He blinked more, trying to grasp the reality of it. But the pain sank into his chest and limbs. Something was wrong.

"What's happening to me?" He rose up on his elbows.

"You're just fine." Tess brought him some tea.

"How do you know that? How do you really know that?" He wondered how long he'd been out. Had it been just an hour or possibly weeks? He felt weak. As if something had taken all his strength.

"You look fine." She gave him a serious look. Her eyes seemed more golden now than green.

"Did your mother do something to you?" Jacob wanted to know as he set up to drink the strong tea. There had to be alcohol in this along with lemon and sugar. He couldn't get enough of it.

"No." She seemed so certain, but he looked at her neck for scars. He would have known, wouldn't he? Jacob winced then. He felt he was losing all his senses. Something had changed, but he didn't know what. It was like an organism had gotten inside him and was slowly spreading. What if it got to his heart? What if he couldn't take it?

"I'm-I'm scared." Jacob finally admitted as tears came to his eyes. "What if I'm not all right? What if I can't help you Tess. I-I might not be any good to you...or to anyone." He bitterly pressed his lips. Sadness swept over him.

"Drink the tea. You are just fine. You are." Her stern glare was no comfort at all.

3 comments:

ellie said...

I have to wonder what has happened to him.

Unknown said...

poor jacob.

Natalie said...

I would definitely be scared if I were Jacob right now. What could be happening to him? D: